Take this scenario:
- An user works on a PO file inside a VCS repository
- With Poedit opened, the user pull some changes
- If PO file was modified, Poedit doesn't notice
- The user continue working on PO file and save its changes
- PO file loses the changes made in VCS
Yes, the problem can be solved closing Poedit before any pull, but is it reasonable for Poedit to check if there have been changes in the file?. This will avoid a possible data loss and Poedit can ask, like many code/text editors, to discard these changes or load the file from disk.